Rewilding Apennines is currently looking for a Financial and Administration Officer (M/F; min. 0,70 fte) based at its home office located in the Central Apennines, Italy.
As per the 1st of January 2022, RA has become beneficiary in the EU-co-financed project LIFE Bear-Smart Corridors (LIFE20 NAT/NL/001107) – “Enhancing the viability of Brown Bears in Central Italy and Greece through the development of coexistence corridors”. The project is to be executed between 2022-2026 by a consortium of 12 international partners, under coordination of RA’s close strategic partner, Rewilding Europe. RA is responsible for the largest set of activities, with a total budget of 1,8M€.
The Financial and Administration Officer is primarily responsible for managing the financial administration and preparing the necessary reporting for this project, alongside RA’s other grants and financing sources. S/he ensures that RA’s administration of funds is effective, efficient, and accurate at all times. Under the guidance of the RA Team Leader, s/he supports strategic planning that relate to finance: budgeting, organizing, operation and staffing. This includes budget management, cost benefit analysis and forecasting needs towards donors and financial partners.
Furthermore, s/he ensures that RA can at all times meet its financial and contractual obligations, and that its activities are executed in line with internal RA organisational policies and practices.
- Establishes and leads the financial and administration systems necessary for successfully running RA’s activities, with particular emphasis on the accounting and reporting systems, while ensuring that the systems and procedures are compatible with the national legislation and donors’ requirements; operates as main point of contact to RA staff in fin-admin issues.
- Helps to ensure that RA’s cash flows are properly created, monitored and maintained.
- Works closely with the RA Team Leader by preparing annual budgets and supporting resource planning, in line with agreed (project) budgets and work plans.
- Manages RA’s finances and accounting on daily basis supported by payroll agency and/or external accountant: management of accounts payables and receivables, preparation of bank payments incl. salaries, procurement of goods and services incl. contracting, arranging for approval of any contractual or budget changes.
- Monitors the budget consumption and reports accurately on progress made and challenges encountered; incl. consolidation of accounts (where applicable) and preparation of financial reports to donors and RA’s annual financial statement, subject to control and official approval by registered auditor.
- In frame of quarterly financial reporting for the LIFE Bear-Smart Corridors project, assists the project’s Financial Manager (RE) in fin-admin tasks towards all project partners, incl. report checks and maintenance of central project archives.
Qualifications required and preferred
- At least 3 years of professional experience in project/financial administration, preferably in a similar environment.
- Track record of knowledge of processes related to project administration, finances and reporting; experience in setting up and maintaining such processes and procedures is considered a plus.
- Able to work independently. Has a high working ethos, especially in accuracy and self-organisation. Team player; able to work in an international and cross-cultural setting. Proven administrative, organizational and problem-solving abilities. Demonstrates integrity, strives for accuracy.
- Able to work with accounting software and to use Microsoft Office, particularly skilled in Excel.
- For effective communication with international project partners, sufficient proficiency in English (read, written and spoken) is required, incl. handling of routine business correspondence.
- Affinity with nature and sustainability; insights into conservation issues and contexts is appreciated. Experience with public (EU-LIFE) funding is preferred.
The maximum salary on a part time (3.5 days/28 hours per week) basis is 1,940 EUR per month, plus travel reimbursement for work purposes.
Applications, including motivation letter and CV, should be sent to (email@example.com) before 7th February 2022.
For more information, please contact RA by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download the above terms of reference here.